What does body and weight to the midrange mean?
Aug 20, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #76 of 77
Quote:
*face plam* I know what mids are thank you for the 4'th time. And yes it has a Upper bass lower mid dip and it sounds like that. The extra bass gives the mids some weight but the lack of lower mids kinda makes them sound a little thin, the Dt 990 has a simmilar sound but with more of  balance of Weight and Body, where as the Ath a900x just lacks mids body...  

I wasn't referring to the frequency range definitions, which I don't agree with btw (their bass for example goes up to 250 Hz), but the adjectives above the equalizer bands, such as boom/punch, warmth, tinny etc.

(And btw, I was just defining those ranges once in #39 to ensure we're talking about the same thing. It was in no way my intention to imply that you don't know what I'm talking about.)

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #77 of 77
Quote:
I wasn't referring to the frequency range definitions, which I don't agree with btw (their bass for example goes up to 250 Hz), but the adjectives above the equalizer bands, such as boom/punch, warmth, tinny etc.

(And btw, I was just defining those ranges once in #39 to ensure we're talking about the same thing. It was in no way my intention to imply that you don't know what I'm talking about.)

Indeed don't mind me >.>

And yea it's a shame the graphs and sound don't match all that well.  I was still suprised to see an ATH can beat by an AKG on mids :O I though ATH was know for mid forward brighter cans? Or is the W1000x some big step forward for them xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back