Jan 8, 2003 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

OriginalReaper

500+ Head-Fier
D-3 Sony CD Player <=link (ebay)

i-1.JPG

i-2.JPG

According to the seller it's a D-3.

according to stereophile <=link

"Next test was at a friend's home in a duel with another portable: the Sony D-3. We played both through his Naim electronics and KEF loudspeakers. Sorry, folks, the Sony was superior in every respect: sweeter top end, more involving midrange, and deeper, richer bass. The Sony, of course, is about three or four times the price of the CD- 3400, and lacks a digital output. "
(thank you, bdb55)

I was wondering if anyone owned one and what they thought about it. Also, will this sound better than a D-25? I tried google searches but found nothing about this CD player.

Jan 8, 2003 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 6
You're welcome
biggrin.gif

eek.gif
$9.51
eek.gif

What a deal!!! I've got a D-25 too (a couple actually) so I will look forward to your impressions.

Jan 8, 2003 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 6
...How much do they usually go for?
confused.gif

**feels like he's holding a winning lottery ticket**

Jan 8, 2003 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 6
Well considering that D-25's are about $40 w/o accessories... Also, I had the impression that the 3400 was a REALLY good player (better than the D-25). If the D-3 is better than THAT...

It's all speculation, though; the real test will be how good it sounds. When do you think you'll get it?

Jan 8, 2003 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 6
I'm sending the payment out tomorrow, so two weeks tops. It's really up to him.

Jan 10, 2003 at 4:47 PM Post #6 of 6
cool player! I have wanted one of these for a while. I think this is the one where the cd sticks out of the player. Do you remember those sony record players with the record standing on edge playing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back