What can you tell me about Tara Labs Prism 33 ICs?
Oct 26, 2003 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DLoken

Head-Fier
My little brother took out the subwoofers that were installed in his car, and low and behold I found said Tara Labs cable in the car.

I'm not very knowlegable about ICs and what not so perhaps someone could tell me about this cable.

It looks to be about 10 years old (Guessing by the age of the car and wear) and seems to be in decent shape aside from being dirty and scuffed in some places.

Was this a cheap/expensive cable when new? And in terms of sound quality, how are they? And, what was it doing being used in a car audio setup.

Oct 26, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #2 of 2
I had a pair of this cable for a few months before I sold it. It has a 7 conductor 8N copper core and a copper braided shield. The shield is connected on both sides and serves as the negative on this ic of typical coaxial design.

I found it to suit better in my system than some of the higher cables up in the RSC line. It had more weight and presence on the bass and tamed the treble a bit. This was of advantage to Grado's and my headamp w/ a TL072 chip and silver plated internal wiring.

It would not offer the kind of extension that cables at higher prices may, but I like it for its solid bass and nice imaging down in the $30/.5M pair range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back