What camera do I get?
Feb 11, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 10
Look into getting a Canon G11 or S90. They are pricey, though.
frown.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #4 of 10
I have a lumix lx3 and love it -- it's a little over your price range but it's fantastic. I would hope the lower level p&s models would also be quite good. I think Panasonic is the most interesting camera maker these days, especially with the micro four-thirds stuff.

Feb 12, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #5 of 10
Oh my!!! ZS3!!! You have good tastes
smily_headphones1.gif

Panasonic also just announced a ZS5 a few weeks ago as well. With the ZS3's success, their work should be all done. Maybe if they sold at BestBuy again, they could actually gain some much needed market with their cameras. You should also be thanking this newer release to the ZS3's sudden price drop
wink.gif

Unless you need to have a Canon (SX200), Panasonic needs much more love than it is getting. For the price, the ZS3 is unmatched. Have fun
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #6 of 10
I suggest the Fujifilm Finepix S6500fd, it's an older model but you get 6.3mp super CCD with a manual operated lens; 28-300mm F2.8-F4.9 in perfect conditions. It's a DSLR without being a DSLR with RAW.

You can find these cheap.

Feb 12, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 10
My friend has one of the cameras you linked you, a Panasonic, and he loves it. My impression of it is that it's an excellent camera. Panasonic was wise to rip off Canon's user interface because it's so much easier to navigate than I expected and the level of control and options is pretty darn good. Top that off with a halfway decent lens for a P&S and I say you're set.

Oh, and check out this website: Digital Camera Reviews and News: Digital Photography Review: Forums, Glossary, FAQ

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #8 of 10
I'd probably get a used Canon G9 on that budget... I'm stubborn that way. I'd rather have whatever was on top a couple years ago instead of what's no big deal today.

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #10 of 10
i've been using Canon G10 and i love it. i got my G10 for close to 1/2 the original price so that helps too ^_^

i got G10 after comparing the ZS3 & G10. what it came down to was making a list of what i'll be using for.

plus the discount helped too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back