What artist(s) do you have all their albums?
Apr 24, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #226 of 239
Yeah, good bump that one.

So, that I can think of :

Smog, and consequently Bill Callahan
Sexy Sushi
Jay-Jay Johanson
Joe Gibbs
The White Stripes
Juliette Lewis
Britney Spears
Creedence Clearwater Revival
John Fogerty
Cypress Hill
Nirvana
Weezer
AC/DC

Probably a couple others.

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #227 of 239
Yeah, good bump that one.

So, that I can think of :

Smog, and consequently Bill Callahan
Sexy Sushi
Jay-Jay Johanson
Joe Gibbs
The White Stripes
Juliette Lewis
Britney Spears
Creedence Clearwater Revival
John Fogerty
Cypress Hill
Nirvana
Weezer
AC/DC

Probably a couple others.

Did you think you could sneak BRITNEY SPEARS in there in small font!
You are so busted!
LOL!

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #228 of 239
Glad it made you laugh
biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #229 of 239
Apr 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #230 of 239
Emiliana Torrini, Radiohead, The Velvet Underground, The Doors, CAN, The White Stripes.

And quite a lot by Bob Dylan, too. But how is it possible to have all of his album? And not like all of them are worth having either. 

Apr 28, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #231 of 239
Emiliana Torrini, Radiohead, The Velvet Underground, The Doors, CAN, The White Stripes.

And quite a lot by Bob Dylan, too. But how is it possible to have all of his album? And not like all of them are worth having either. 

Is it possible to have all The Doors albums? :xf_eek:
I'm including ALL the live releases when I say this.

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #233 of 239

eek.gif
you're right, completely forgot about it. When I heard album, only studio one popped up in my head. I'm not that big on live recording.

Including live bootlegs?

I just checked on rateyourmusic. They had 107 bootlegs.

Apr 30, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #235 of 239
Including live bootlegs?

I was only thinking of all the official live albums, including all the live albums released in the past 10 years.

May 1, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #236 of 239
That's a hard one because of band's longevity, and my poverty.

As far as studio releases, I think I have nearly everything by

Fishbone, Ohio Players, Bowie, P-Funk, Beatles, Kinks, Stones, Stevie Wonder, Zep, Cooper, Chili Peppers, Living Colour  on one format or another.

Then I can think of some bands with a shorter run where I have all of their records: G'nR, Blind Melon, Nirvana, Joy Division, Slave, The Raspberries, Shuggie Otis, 24/7 Spyz, Praxis.

I have a ton of stuff from prolific artists but I will probably never own it all from people like Elton John, Thelonious, EWF, The Isleys, Dylan, Curtis Mayfield, Miles Davis, Paul Simon, Smokey Robinson, etc.. Very few people own the entire catalog from those artists, including the artists themselves!

May 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #237 of 239
I have a huge amount of Miles Davis albums, but I wouldn't be surprised if I owned less than half of his output!

May 3, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #239 of 239
I have a huge amount of Miles Davis albums, but I wouldn't be surprised if I owned less than half of his output!

Yeah some of these artists, it's just not fair, you can really be into them and buy all kinds of stuff and still not have the full catalog.

Sadly many artists die young, many bands break up, so it's makes collecting them easier. 

[Multiple Artists] releases really screw up your indexing!  Compilations are so great to listen to so horrible to index.

The number of dope blank label handmade mix discs that CDDB doesn't recognize might be the largest casualty in my migration to FLAC.

The world of music is just so huge, as long as you are digging it and sharing it with others, all is good. 

Some year in the future I'll FLAC all those handmade mix cd's from my last operating CD player and they will be super triple dope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back