wharfedale or MartinLogan bookshelf speakers?
Jul 7, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #16 of 30
Would those be good to replace with martinlogan possibly?

If you have something like Klipsch Quintets for your surrounds, then yes. The Martin Logans will be some improvement.

http://www.klipsch.com/quintet

However, I suspect that might be the poorest way to improve your home theater setup for your money if you are thinking of spending $2000 on speakers.

Which Klipsch bookshelves do you have in the front? The model number should be on the back. And probably on the back of your center speaker, too, so we know what you are working with.

What is the make/model # of your sub? Should be on the front and/or back.

How big is your room? And about how far away do you sit from your speakers?

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #17 of 30
Ok, well
I have a marantz sr5009
5 small klipsch speakers that I have 2 in the top front corns and 2 in the back too corners then one small klipsch speaker for my center.
Then I have the 2 klipsch bookshelf speakers as my fronts,
As far as not knowing the small klipsch info,
Would those be good to replace with martinlogan possibly?
Thank you for your help

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #18 of 30
I have a pair of the motion 15's as rear surrounds my fronts and centre's are magneplanars and the motions are exceptional. I have for fun hooked them up the front too and my Marantz processor quells there tendency to side a tiny brightness. That folded ribbon tweeter is fantastic.They are the best bookies I have heard for the price.

Jul 7, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #19 of 30
Ok, I looked at the link and my small klipsch are like those, but they seem older by the design of what those are. Mine are my boxy and square
If you have something like Klipsch Quintets for your surrounds, then yes. The Martin Logans will be some improvement.

http://www.klipsch.com/quintet

However, I suspect that might be the poorest way to improve your home theater setup for your money if you are thinking of spending $2000 on speakers.

Which Klipsch bookshelves do you have in the front? The model number should be on the back. And probably on the back of your center speaker, too, so we know what you are working with.

What is the make/model # of your sub? Should be on the front and/or back.

How big is your room? And about how far away do you sit from your speakers?

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #21 of 30
I use two one is Australian brand called Subsonic which I modified by using a Dayton plate amp the other is a Psb 5 they are equalized by DSP Anti Mode 2. I also use an old Kenwood 7 band equalizer to ensure no signal above 150 hz is received. The Martin Logans are Motive 15.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #22 of 30
How good is the australian brand? Are they avalible in the USA?
I use two one is Australian brand called Subsonic which I modified by using a Dayton plate amp the other is a Psb 5 they are equalized by DSP Anti Mode 2. I also use an old Kenwood 7 band equalizer to ensure no signal above 150 hz is received. The Martin Logans are Motive 15.

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #23 of 30
The Subsonic's are amazing value for the money. Excellent linearity great for dual purpose music and movies and extremely well built. No mdf here its hdf. I'm in Aus so I can't say if they are over there, but they do have a website. I can check if you want ?

Jul 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #24 of 30
Ok sure, I think I found the site but I'm not sure if I was on the right one, Ibe been actually looking to visit australia for around 10 years now, if there speakers are in the USA, I would definitely get them
The Subsonic's are amazing value for the money. Excellent linearity great for dual purpose music and movies and extremely well built. No mdf here its hdf. I'm in Aus so I can't say if they are over there, but they do have a website. I can check if you want ?

Jul 8, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #26 of 30
Ok sure, I think I found the site but I'm not sure if I was on the right one, Ibe been actually looking to visit australia for around 10 years now, if there speakers are in the USA, I would definitely get them
[/quot
I have contacted the manufacturer and they will be sending me some info on a) how to get to them and b) product range. I'll definitely let you know.

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #27 of 30
I have contacted the manufacturer and they will be sending me some info on a) how to get to them and b) product range. I'll definitely let you know.

It would make no sense for him to order a subwoofer from Australia given all the good Internet direct subwoofer vendors in the US:

HSU Research
Power Sound Audio
SVS Audio
Rythmik Audio
Outlaw Audio
Reaction Audio

International shipping on a subwoofer would blow the costs way up.

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #28 of 30
It would make no sense for him to order a subwoofer from Australia given all the good Internet direct subwoofer vendors in the US:

HSU Research
Power Sound Audio
SVS Audio
Rythmik Audio
Outlaw Audio
Reaction Audio

International shipping on a subwoofer would blow the costs way up.
The Aussie dollar is very low so considering it's only 74 cents per your 25% in front to begin with. An extremely good product. Each to there own

Jul 9, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #29 of 30
Yea I've been watching the AUD and it's moved pretty much around 40c-50c betwen the usd and aud, that is just looking here and there when I've been planning on visiting, hmm, I think I might actually looking into getting speakers or a subwoofer possibly, thanks
The Aussie dollar is very low so considering it's only 74 cents per your 25% in front to begin with. An extremely good product. Each to there own

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #30 of 30
Fu
Yea I've been watching the AUD and it's moved pretty much around 40c-50c betwen the usd and aud, that is just looking here and there when I've been planning on visiting, hmm, I think I might actually looking into getting speakers or a subwoofer possibly, thanks
Funny though I really want a pair of jlfathoms e10's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back