WEST MICHIGAN MEET Impressions
Jan 20, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #16 of 19
nice looking meet guys! I wish I could have made my way around the lake, but it just wasnt in the cards. another big disappointment is missing out on the orthodynamic cans, which I know nothing about. hopefully get to meet you guys another time.

Jan 23, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeEast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone give me some information on the transformer that looks to my eyes like it's powering Stax and the Yamaha Ortho in the picture.

You might want to PM BillinKansas. That is his gear.

Feb 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #19 of 19
I just discovered this thread.

Thanks again Al for being a gracious and accommodating host.

It was great to meet you guys. I probably brought too much junk, but you guys did seem to enjoy it.

The most intriguing piece for me was the Zana Deux amp powering the HD600's. Thanks Mike for bringing that. I'll give you a rattle the next time I'm planning to head up I-57 through IL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JadeEast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone give me some information on the transformer that looks to my eyes like it's powering Stax and the Yamaha Ortho in the picture.

The Yamaha Orthos were playing off the Fisher 7868 speaker taps through 100 ohm resistors on jacks that I installed in the modded Stax adaptor box. The Fisher headphone out is good, but the modded Orthos are very hungry. This arrangement gives them more juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back