Well almost emergency! Had to use needle-nosed pliers to remove cable from amp with he-4xx
Feb 23, 2024 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

squidman

100+ Head-Fier
Well had been using 3rd party cables with he-4xx without a problem, but on a whim thought to put in the originals. Near crisis! The plug self-destructed! Was able to remove the plug with pliers, and thank god shiit dac and amp still work. But literally, the plug on the original he-4xx cable just self-destructed inside my Schiit amp! So not good! There were enough threads that I was able to pull out the head of the plug out luckily. But not good! Don't know what to make of this frankly.

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 7
This is again very weird don't know what to make of it. But like I said, the cable just disintegrated inside my amp, the original HiFi-man cable. So was lucky enough to be able to retrieve the head of the plug, as it had a few threads trailing. Well the head (like the head of a penis!) was broken, and the head was still in there. So real crisis. Solved, but doesn't give me any confidence in HIfi-mans cables so far. Especially in the high-end. Looking at an Arya stealth here, but can I do that if cables break and basic crap doesn't work?

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 7
To be precise, the head (therefore the penis thing) of the jack broke inside my amp, so a bit of a crisis. Was able to retrieve it using pliers. But never again! So not super impressed with hifi-man wires and plugs. From on now third-party cables that are solid and can tolerate some usage. Have a pair now, twinned and solid as hell.

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #5 of 7
A huge fan of HFM drivers, not the other stuff. But your cans are made by MD or HFM? Did you store the cable in any way it could have been damaged? I don't like HFm cables - for sonic reasons, I read the HFm threads quite closely, this is the first time I heard of this event happening. Anyone else?

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #6 of 7
Actually I have to correct that post. It was the 3.5mm jack to 1/4" adapter that broke, not the hi-fi man cable. Was something I got off ebay. So can't really comment on hi-fiman cables. Still can't find the adapter to it though, reason I had a cheap ebay version. Have long since gone over to custom cables for he-4xx, seem solid. Maybe a bit long. So sorry for that misunderstanding.

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #7 of 7
Didn't see that until I pulled the adapter off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back