Website issues past 2 days..
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #16 of 29
Oh no... it's back...

Submitting a post, nothing happens, and then, while the screen is seemingly-stalled, the pop-up appears, at the bottom  of the page, saying there is a new post, even though the submission form pretends nothing has succeeded.

Whoever codes this forum software needs to CHECK and DEBUG their code rather than repeatedly foisting it upon long-suffering users!

Jul 3, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #17 of 29
  Oh no... it's back...

Submitting a post, nothing happens, and then, while the screen is seemingly-stalled, the pop-up appears, at the bottom  of the page, saying there is a new post, even though the submission form pretends nothing has succeeded.

Whoever codes this forum software needs to CHECK and DEBUG their code rather than repeatedly foisting it upon long-suffering users!

Argh. Yeah. For the last post I made, it did nothing. Didn't show a notification or act like it was loading. But when I reloaded the page in a new tab to see if the post was submitted, it did submit just fine.

Let's see what happens when I press the submit button for this post!

Edit: Okay, this one had no problems.

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 29
FWIW, I'm experiencing these issues as well. For example at sending or editing a reply or PM the page can keep on loading or immediately return the message:

Please try again! 
Something has gone wrong! Please refresh the page or try again later.
Tech support has been notified of the problem.

Then, in the case of PM's it submitted twice most of the time.

Also in threads where YouTube videos are posted the page will keep on loading and bumping to the 1st post on that page. Nothing I can do than to exit the thread. This issue is less frequent than the first.

Jul 11, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #19 of 29
The whole site is incredibly laggy and unresponsive for me. It's something to do with the ads - every time I look at the status bar at the bottom of the browser it's 'Processing request...' or 'Waiting for...', just constantly loading stuff which makes the browsing and posting experience a real PITA.

EDIT: Installed a better Ad Blocker for Chrome and it seems to be much better. Now using STANDS extension.

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #20 of 29
Well, congratulations to the Huddler team - it seems they are absolutely world-class at creating frequent miscellaneous software glitches that don't even need to exist, if only they'd leave the software alone

I've suddenly been getting this one, for the past day or two, whenever I try to submit a Private Message:

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I've never known a forum that has such a ridiculously-frequent appearance of glitches.

Jul 19, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:
  In most browsers there are now development tools (you'll need to enable the "Developer" menu in Safari) where you can load pages and see performance bars to show which parts of the site are causing slow-downs. If you find a particular resource is causing slow load times, please post about what it is and it'll be passed onto the tech staff.

I want to reemphasize this particular point. I understand that not everybody is technically-minded, and that this is not a technical forum. But with that being said, debugging typically goes nowhere when all the devs have to go on are anedotal experience without any technical detail. Especially if they cannot replicate it on their ends.

I've made a couple of posts today and have not experienced any of the issues that you folks have. Granted, they have not been very long posts. Hmm, I've just noticed this happen with this post. Perhaps this thread is cursed.

Jul 20, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #22 of 29
The issues are really intermittent for me. Still having the issue where I'll post and then it will disappear and I won't know if it actually went through or not but refreshing the page shows it did go through usually. I've learned to copy my post before I hit submit just in case it blanks out without actually posting.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #23 of 29
One bug I have been having (not sure if it has always been here) is when I get a new private message sometimes it says I have 3 new private messages or something like that, even though there is just one. Just wanted to make it known.

Jul 27, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #24 of 29
  One bug I have been having (not sure if it has always been here) is when I get a new private message sometimes it says I have 3 new private messages or something like that, even though there is just one. Just wanted to make it known.

Are you sure you don't mean that one person has sent you 3 messages, within the same conversation? In that circumstance, the forum (correctly) tells you there are 3 messages, even though they're all contained within the same single private conversation...

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #25 of 29

Are you sure you don't mean that one person has sent you 3 messages, within the same conversation? In that circumstance, the forum (correctly) tells you there are 3 messages, even though they're all contained within the same single private conversation...

Nope it will just be one new PM, all others have been read in the conversation.

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #28 of 29
  Overall the site has been great though, the old problems seem to be gone.

Until next time...    (you do know there's going to be a next time, don't you?
rolleyes.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back