[Want to buy] House of Marley Exodus like-headphones under a £100
Dec 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

LackOfCTRL

New Head-Fier
Hello there I currently have the Sennys HD429 and a Fiio E6, I paid just over a £50 for the Sennys and recently I got very disappointed. I bought a pair of House of Marley Exodus as a gift (on the website they go for £99 but everywhere else they are in the £50 range) and they are at least 3x better than my Sennys! MUCH louder with a bass that melts the brain! Now I can't really buy another pair since a certain angry little person won't let me have the same headphones as them and I do like a bit of modern styling although they look great.

So here's my question: Could anyone please recommend something that sounds very much alike the Exodus or better? I mostly listen to electronic music with a huge emphasis on bass. I have my little Fiio which definitely brings the Exodus to life however if buying a better amp will help I don't mind fitting that within my budget which is about a 100 quid, preferably under a 100 (since the Exodus are 50 and they are more than enough for me). Little additional info: I listen to my phones on my One X via PowerAmp with the Beats enchantment gimmicky thingy on but I'm thinking of going all Spotify and if the bass is good enough on the phones without any eq intervention then that would be just ideal.

Criteria:
<£100
Bassy
Nice looking
I would like on ear but it's not much of a bother really
Bassy

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 2
^Additional info/bump.
I am disappointed with the Sennys because they are awfully quiet without the amp, with the amp I still have to ramp the AMP up to a 100 and the phone up to about 90%, then they are kinda loud enough, any more and the bass gets distorted meanwhile with the Exodus and the AMP I put my Fiio on 100 and my phone on about 60. Only 60 because any more and they are so loud they hurt my ears, I haven't reached the point of having any distortion due to my ears not being able to handle all that volume! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back