W4S Recovery
Feb 24, 2019 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MikeW

Headphoneus Supremus
I just wanted to chime in about this device. I purchased it some time back, probably owned it 2 years now. I was skeptical at first, and I've used it with several DAC's now, and even some with relativly high end USB implementations, like Schiit GEN5. I honestly purchased it to clean up Schiit GEN2 and thought I'd have got rid of it by now, I still find it to make improvements to Gen5 however.

I've used it on older DAC's as well. I'll be doing a listening test in the coming weeks to see if I can pick up an improvement on my new DAC, RME-ADI-2. Which likely has the best USB implementation i've ever had. I find it interesting that this product has managed to "stick" though multiple dac upgrades and experiments. And it even causes me to wonder about better products like ISO REGEN.

I've never heard anything but positive improvement with this device, no matter what it is hooked up to. I've never preferred it out of the chain.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 2
I also have the RME ADI2 pro fs, and i want to make the sound better - 3d, depth and separation, but not color and alter it too much ! Did you find any improvement with the W4S or maybe the ISO REGEN ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back