VPI, VPI, where art thoust dustcover?
Jun 15, 2004 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kartik

Headphoneus Supremus
Yo Todd,
Looking for dust cover for scout. Also looking for nice stand for TT. don't want to enrich some other bloodsucking varmint. You're my kind of bloodsucking varmint. Bloodsucking requested.

Jun 15, 2004 at 2:48 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kartik
Yo Todd,
Looking for dust cover for scout. Also looking for nice stand for TT. don't want to enrich some other bloodsucking varmint. You're my kind of bloodsucking varmint. Bloodsucking requested.

That was funny !!
icon10.gif

Jun 15, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 7
You have no idea how evil Todd is. He has ensnared my wallet and it keeps opening up to spend itself. Again and again!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, Todd, I really want that dust cover and need a stand for my TT.

You know it's not really about just the prices anymore. I just trust Todd.

Jun 16, 2004 at 6:10 PM Post #5 of 7
Will do! Thanks a ton for the dust cover. Now, please explain to Tuberoller why I need to keep praising you to the high heavens. I'll call you this evening when I get back from work.

Jun 17, 2004 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 7
There seems to be a consensus that with most good TT, playing records with the dust cover on makes a big difference in sound. I'd be interested to hear what you find about this (unless you always keep it off!).

I've decided to go with brushes and air blowers instead, though that isn't ideal either of course.

Jun 17, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #7 of 7
The dust cover for the Scout does not attach to the turntable. It just rests on the plynth so it is completely removed when the turntable is in use. Therefore there is no degradation of sound. There is a change of sound when a dust cover is connected to the turntable mechanically though I have heard of some who prefer this... it is another debate that will rage forever.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back