Vorbis over AAC - is it worth making the change ?
Aug 28, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #31 of 38
I just checked - apparently no-one in any of the genres I listen to plays a harpsichord (not sure about Pucinni's operas, but that's a risk I'm prepared to take). Vorbis for the win, Amigos.

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #32 of 38
  I just checked - apparently no-one in any of the genres I listen to plays a harpsichord (not sure about Pucinni's operas, but that's a risk I'm prepared to take). Vorbis for the win, Amigos.

Plan for the future. Somebody might send you this
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #33 of 38

You might think you're safe, but Aphex Twin is out there waiting to ambush you with sharp, plinky notes. Your only chance of safety is to take refuge in flabby American rock 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #34 of 38

You might think you're safe, but Aphex Twin is out there waiting to ambush you with sharp, plinky notes. Your only chance of safety is to take refuge in flabby American rock 
very_evil_smiley.gif

OK - I got Computer Controlled Whatever Pt II on Darko's recommendation - listened to it once and havent been back. I guess I'm weird - I feel much the same way about the NIN and Radiohead albums I have. Experimental is great if it's Pink Floyd - less so for mere mortals with a keyboard and a laptop  :frowning2:

Aug 30, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #35 of 38

OK - I got Computer Controlled Whatever Pt II on Darko's recommendation - listened to it once and havent been back. I guess I'm weird - I feel much the same way about the NIN and Radiohead albums I have. Experimental is great if it's Pink Floyd - less so for mere mortals with a keyboard and a laptop  :frowning2:

Pfft, "Selected Ambient Works Volume II" is far more representative (and arguably vastly superior in a slightly creepy way) 
biggrin.gif

(Also, calling Mr. James a mere mortal is probably dicing with your eternal soul. That grin.. it's not natural)

Tastes vary, you don't like what you don't like, though, it's all good!

Aug 30, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #36 of 38
Point taken - I rubbed a Celine Dion fan up the wrong way on YT and got flamed for my efforts, so it may be that I need to dial it back a notch. Or five notches
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #37 of 38
  Point taken - I rubbed a Celine Dion fan up the wrong way on YT and got flamed for my efforts, so it may be that I need to dial it back a notch. Or five notches
tongue.gif

Pfft, certainly don't do that on my account- you were in no way offensive! (..also, it's simply not necessary to leap to the defence of Aphex Twin by this point, it'd be redundant- like shouting at weather.)

I initially read the above as "rubbed Celine Dion up the wrong way", which was an extremely unpleasant mental image. I was reaching for the mind bleach before I realised that I'd misread.

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #38 of 38
Now, now - Celine has had a very tough year, and I'm sure she has fans here on HF so I'll leave the woman alone and concentrate on Bieber and Minaj from this point forward  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back