Voltage everyone on my Meta42
Sep 16, 2002 at 6:27 PM Post #16 of 18
I don't have my multimeter on me at the moment, but I put in two different opamps (ad823 and opa2134), but they both give me the same output.. that is, no sound in the left, a faint sound resemblign the music being played in the right. turning the pot does nothing, but when i touch the pot, i get a buzz.

one thing that comes to mind is my resistors. i used sockets on each resistor bank, but there were a few leads that I suspect to be too short. i would guess the shortest one is probably 3/8" of an inch. they are all pushed in tight, and i felt resistance (phsyical, not electrical..
smily_headphones1.gif
) when i pushed them in, but i was afraid that one or two were too short when i was putting the amp together.

should i record some test tones and trace the signal though my meta? this seems like the next logical step to me.

also, what about my PS caps? could this be causing me problems? I know you suggest user error or measurement error, but I am fairly certain that the values that i've read are correct. could the caps be bad? i see no leak and i have no reason to believe that they have seen more than their rated voltage. would the behavoir i am seeing be due to blown caps?

Sep 16, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #17 of 18
It is difficult to troubleshoot by remote control. You've given me a collection of static voltages, and I've told you what I think based on that. Now it's up to you to do some measurement and thinking about what you observe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back