Violectric amp that doesn't warm up just like the lake people?
Apr 10, 2024 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

reter

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, i own the lake people g111 mk2 and owned the violectric hpa v222, i noticed that the last was warm during winter but VERY HOT during summer (i live in a country that's pretty hot during summer), for this reason i decided to sell the violectric and keep the lake people that doesn't ever warm up even during summer time.

i know that my question in weird but is there a violectric that doesn't warm up? i use the amp literally everyday many many hours so i want some fresh amp that last years and doesn't tear due to the high temperatures

Apr 21, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Ok, i own the lake people g111 mk2 and owned the violectric hpa v222, i noticed that the last was warm during winter but VERY HOT during summer (i live in a country that's pretty hot during summer), for this reason i decided to sell the violectric and keep the lake people that doesn't ever warm up even during summer time.

i know that my question in weird but is there a violectric that doesn't warm up? i use the amp literally everyday many many hours so i want some fresh amp that last years and doesn't tear due to the high temperatures
Class A and class AB amps always run hot (class A) and warm (class AB). The issue with Violectric is that their chassis has poor compact design so they don’t dissipate heat. You’ll need a bigger body to even run lower tempt like the HPA V550.

Apr 22, 2024 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 6

My Violectric is an older model, the V220. Basically a stripped down V281. It barely ever gets lukewarm. Speaking to the older models, heat has never been an issue. Not that I have heard of anyway.

Have you asked around on the V202/V222 threads?

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Violectrics V200 and V281 amp bodies are only modestly warm after a few hours use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back