Vinyl to Headphone Setup Requirements?
Feb 6, 2024 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wilson.st

New Head-Fier
I have some IEMs I enjoy from a dongle DAC to laptop/iphone using apple music lossless digital files. I also use a minidisc player. I recently dug out a turntable in my basement that's in good condition and have a few other decks, such as two receivers:

Sony STR-DE615
Technics SA-EX100

Do I just connect the turntable to the receiver using the L/R cables, and then plug my headphones into the receiver headphone out jack? Or, would I be better off with a pre-amp and a headphone amp? (say an affordable stack from Schiit).

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 9
Yeah, I mean there is no issue plugging the turntable into the phono input on the receiver and then your headphones/IEMS. I can't promise it will sound good and I would be careful with super sensitive IEMS. You can at least do that test it out to see if you like it and if you do invest in a Schiit Stack or just be happy.

Feb 6, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 9
Yeah, I mean there is no issue plugging the turntable into the phono input on the receiver and then your headphones/IEMS. I can't promise it will sound good and I would be careful with super sensitive IEMS. You can at least do that test it out to see if you like it and if you do invest in a Schiit Stack or just be happy.
Okay I'll give it a shot. I guess the receivers have a phono pre-amp?

I plan to use my 7Hz Legato IEMs with the vinyl. I feel the sonic profile of the Legatos are a good pairing with vinyl

Feb 6, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 9
Okay I'll give it a shot. I guess the receivers have a phono pre-amp?

I plan to use my 7Hz Legato IEMs with the vinyl. I feel the sonic profile of the Legatos are a good pairing with vinyl
Most receivers do. Have a good time! It mostly listen to records on my headphones.

Feb 7, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 9
Most receivers do. Have a good time! It mostly listen to records on my headphones.
Set up! Now I need a 6.3 to 3.5 adapter for headphones.

Attachments

• IMG_7588.jpeg
    IMG_7588.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 7, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #8 of 9
Do yourself a favor and get a long 6.3 to 3.5 Cable so you can sit wherever you want and enjoy your headphones!

Cheers!!
Exactly what I did! My desk and chair are 2 feet away

Love your products Ifi. I plan on getting a go bar soon, as well as a zen can or whatever the headphone amp is

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back