Vinyl Player for beginner?
Dec 26, 2012 at 11:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Edward123

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm kind of new to this site so forgive me for my lack of knowledge. Normally I enjoy listening to classical music using my Q701 headphones. However recently I read about Vinyl and was very interested. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me what record player I could get for under $200 and what others things I would need to know/buy???

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 4
I bought my college student son the Project Debut Carbon (with Ortofon Red pre-mounted) for his Christmas present.

Sounds good.  If you don't have an amp/receiver with a phono input, you will need to get a separate phono pre, or get one of the lower level tables with a phono pre in the turntable itself.

The ones marked USB will have both a phono pre, and a USB jack to rip your vinyl finds to computer files.

You certainly can find cheaper tables, but the lower tiers of the named company's tables are pretty good.

Then again, you fill find much more value in the used market.  Check out the For Sale columns on Head-Fi and have a look on AudioAsylum as well.  Folks will sell their prior turntable there as they move up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back