Vibrapods for CDP?
Oct 26, 2003 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dfarina

500+ Head-Fier
I have ordered a set of vibrapods for my CDP,and intended on installing them on the bottom of the CD player,but was recommended to use a board between the CDP and the shelf with the pods on the bottom of the board.I was wondering which way to go.My thinking is possibly the middle board would be better for a speaker system with external vibration,but sinse this system only uses headphones,maybe the pods attached to the player itself would be better?Anyone been through this before?
confused.gif

Oct 26, 2003 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 9
On my Cambridge I replaced the stock
"feet" with the Vibrapods. Now with my Music Hall CD25 I placed them on the sanbox shelf facing up and put the player on them. Lets see 100lbs. of sand and Vibrapods I think there is some dampening going on there.

Oct 26, 2003 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 9
You need to do play around with the Vibrapods before doing any permanent install. I found the Vibrapod sucked the life out of the music, when I tried them under my cdp.

Oct 26, 2003 at 8:49 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by soundboy
That's very interesting comment, puppyslugg. I have a set of Vibrapods and plan to use it beneath my Sony NS500P SACD/DVD player....

Anyway, check this out from Audiotweaks.com

I just didn't particularly like the results with my cdp. Although I did like what the Vibrapods did for my Monsoon computer speakers. I just don't think Vibrapods will work for all setups.

Oct 27, 2003 at 4:45 PM Post #9 of 9
I certainly don't mind that type of "vibration"
biggrin.gif

The "Vibrapods under the sofa" was raised when I posted on this thread at Home Theater Forum (post #4 of the thread). You can see Mr. Chin's system here, with Vibrapods listed as used under the sofa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back