Vibe broke/need new IEM for gym/sub $100
Feb 8, 2008 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

brent75

100+ Head-Fier
About 1 year ago I bought the V-Moda Vibes based on all sorts of positive feedback here. Loved them (for the most part) until this week the left ear suddenly shorted out.

I assumed that I'd just buy another pair, but decided that I should swing by here (hadn't been on since last year).

I pretty quickly learned that the opinions on the Vibe have taken a turn for the worse. Subsequent generations with spotty sound quality...questionable construction...etc.

Before I decided what to buy, in haste I ran out and bought a pair of the Bass Freq ones, since they were cheap and I refused to put the iPod earbuds back in my ears for workouts.

After day 2, I've determined they're too boomy/muddy and they don't fit as well as the Vibes did.

SO...with that background, I'd appreciate some quick recommends on what would make me happy now.

One pair that seemed to pop up a bit are the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio, which I can get for $64 shipped on Amazon. However, I've read more than one review that says they're not suited for gym use because they have a tendency to not stay in place.

(For the record, I used the smallest fitting on the Vibe and they seemed to stay in fine).

Thoughts on that pair, or any others I'd enjoy? I'd like to order soon and get it out of the way.

Thanks...

Feb 8, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 11
FYI I just got a pair of super.fi 3s on buy.com for 53 shipped using google checkout's discount. They were read though so I'm not sure if that matches so well. They are 56-10 then whatever you wanna pay for shipping. There is free shipping but it's pretty slow, still 46 bucks is a pretty good deal.

Feb 8, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 11
Try Audio Technica ATH-CK7. Amazingly clear, definitely not muddy. Some might say it's not bass-y enough for them, but the bass is definitely there, almost melodically presented. I really like them & I've been using it at my gym for the past 2 yrs or so.

Feb 8, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 11
Joeshmo39 - thoughts on the sound/performance?

Selfdivider - thanks for the reference, I will look into those.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Feb 9, 2008 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 11
One last attempt.

Any more thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by straden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm too in market for a pair and I'm leaning toward denon c700 or for earbud, yuin pk3

I love my old e4c...

The Denon C700 is an amazing phone even for the higher price. It is by far my favorite of all my canal phones/IEMs.

Denon AH-C700

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 11
Mylarone X3i are great, I use them for the gym. There is a large review these.

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #10 of 11
$100, try the Super.fi 4's. the only thing that worries me about the super.fi 3's is that they stick out....quite a bit.

Feb 11, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by visia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mylarone X3i are great, I use them for the gym. There is a large review these.

I have the X3i. I love the X3i. The build quality will not last you in the gym PERIOD. The Metro.fi 2 has a similar sound signature to the X#i but lacks it's detail. It will last you years in the gym though as opposed to a couple months for the X3i (I'm on my third pair).

UE Metro.fi 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back