Very Strange foobar(? Maybe Envy42/Chaintech) Problems
Oct 31, 2004 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Cyrillic

100+ Head-Fier
I set it up as Mr.Radar describes, here, and it plays now, but I have a very strange problem. Whenever ANYTHING else makes noise, my music stops making any noise. It keeps on going in foobar, just no noise comes out... Extremely strange... So everytime I send an IM, my music turns off.

Oct 31, 2004 at 7:03 AM Post #2 of 7
It is an inherent problem with kernel streaming and the only way to avoid this is to prevent other sounds from using the same channel.

Oct 31, 2004 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 7
How do I prevent this?

Oct 31, 2004 at 8:01 AM Post #4 of 7
Well, you can set the standard default playback device in your windows control panel to be your onboard sound and configure foobar to output to your av-710, thus allowing the only thing your av-710 to output being music and not other system noises which can override the music.

Oct 31, 2004 at 9:31 AM Post #5 of 7
Oh, someone gave me the impression that I had to disable onboard sound through BIOS before I installed the Chaintech, so that wasn't a possibility. Definately giving that a go-for-HA!

Oct 31, 2004 at 12:51 PM Post #6 of 7
For me, it's one of the only disadvantages of using KS, albeit a pain-in-the-buttocks one. Still, I love Kernel Streaming because it always has consistently good sound, unlike DirectSound which can be affected volume-wise by other programs or turn this annoying "fadeout" feature on on you.

Oct 31, 2004 at 6:40 PM Post #7 of 7
Yeah, well, I have onboard sound as well, so I have the best of both worlds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back