Very seasoned Head-Fier looking for a potential set of sub <$500 IEMs that rival the Ety ER4S
Sep 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BiggieSmalls88

New Head-Fier
As a disclaimer, I've owned at least 5 pairs of K1Ks, 3 or 4 different serials of HD800s, MarkL Mod Denon D7Ks, HE-6s, etc. 

If you haven't owned high-end headphones, please avoid from making recommendations.

I don't mean to be rude, but I also don't want to end up with a poor purchase. 

I've owned Etys for my whole life - I prefer headphones, but it's nice to have the clarify that the Etys bring out, particularly with a somewhat subtle amp.

I want something similar, but given all the IEMs, there appears to be more technology that might have been used back when they design the Etys. I'd prefer not to go the custom shell route, unless, there is an overwhelming consensus. 

My familiarity with the area started a few years ago when Westone, JH Audio, and the UE custom molds were in demand. 

I really welcome your recommendations and please give me some context to your Head-Fi experience. I have the Fiio (never thought I'd own one) X5 as my DAC/source for work, which I'm sure has enough power. 

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #3 of 3
Seasoned Head-Fi lurker!

So you want something like the Etymotics but for $500? Your question doesn't read well, are you sure you didn't mean-

'I want something similar, but given all the IEMs, there appears to be more technology that might *not* have been used back when they design the Etys.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back