Valve Audio Design - VAD 12 DSD DAC dual mono - a DAC coming from UK
Nov 16, 2014 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bmichels

Headphoneus Supremus
May be a new contender for the "best DAC" in the 10.000 $ price range ?  A beauty ! 
biggrin.gif

A very high quality DAC coming from UK & that is not very well known: VAD new dual mono DAC-12 DSD

2 totally separate DAC engines: one for PCM and one for DSD !  This DSD playback is completely separate from the PCM DAC: It has its own dedicated USB, mains power supplies and analogue path.

Anyone has heard it ?  

I wonder if it will offer a good synergy with my Eddie Current 445 tube headphone amp ? ( Before discovering this VAD DAC, I was considering two R2R DAC for my EC445: Total DAC D1 & MSB Analog DAC !)   

May 25, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 7
Hi 
My name is Gregor Szymczyk
The picture of VAD DAC published some time ago is actually a 2012 prototype of D-10
Thought that update would be in place :)
Here it is:
this is new gen D-10
same platform is used for 12R with component changes
top priced models have ptp engineered valve module
casing is a three 'block' design 
in the left section underneath the PSU board there is another two Talema transformers for B+ L and R ch supplies

http://valveaudiodevices.co.uk/blog/

All the best to everyone. G

May 25, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #3 of 7
Gregor,

any updates on new DSD Player release?

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #7 of 7

Hi All,

I am finalizing working on a new VAD DAC which I am very excited about.

Main features of whats coming:

1. Super optimized signal path for CD lovers – designed  to ‘lift the bar’ for what can be sonically enjoyed and perceived from good old CDs; thus no Hi-Rez from SPDIF just 44.1/48kHz Red Book taken ’to 11!’
  2. 16/24/32bit/ 44.1 to 384kHz sample rate PCM playback from USB input, this based on hybrid current segment architecture with custom programmed DSP
  3. Separate – DSD64,128, DSD256, DSD512 and likely above; from USB input – pure, native, 1bit sound reconstruction based on shift registers and analogue filters (no DAC chip, no DSP, ASIO Direct; no ‘demand’ for DoP, KS)
  4. DSD input can be also specified as ‘raw’ DSD in: Left ch, R ch, bit clk
  5. new, innovative valve stage topology with extremely high dynamic range, S/N ratio
  6. auto-mode selection for incoming formats and ‘rates’ for both PCM and DSD
  7. as always VAD staple chassis to complement the circuitry
  8. sound to ‘live for’ 
    icon_smile.gif
     from any source
  9. future proof design and very good pricing (sale will be direct from us in the UK and likely EU)

PS; the image is of the older one as the new coming doesn`t have a 'facade', yet :)

Gregor Szymczyk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back