V6 cable modding question.
Oct 23, 2003 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JiPi

500+ Head-Fier
How can I shorten (or remove) the loop the cable between the headband and the cups of
the V6 does? Here's a picture of it :

attachment.php

It's there so that when people expand the headband, the cable can follow without breaking.
But I don't extand it and neither does my father
tongue.gif

Oct 23, 2003 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 5
You take the risk of breaking it, you know, THis are there for that purpose even when you do not extend it during the use, maybe when not in use it may need this extra piece, BTW which is the use in removing it, the Sony cables is sort of the pain in the neck to solder them, just a warning, they are tricky to solder, they have some kind of a magic varnish that is a pain to take it out, before it melts the plastic jacket or cover...

Oct 23, 2003 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Wasn't really thinking of doing any soldering really..
smily_headphones1.gif
I would've screwed them up big time anyway,
I'm sure!
tongue.gif
I was thinking of hiding them or something. Would black electric tape make them all sticky and stuff?

Oct 23, 2003 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by JiPi
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm sure!
tongue.gif
I was thinking of hiding them or something. Would black electric tape make them all sticky and stuff?

I suppose it wouldn't matter if you had no intention of ever selling them. If your goal is to simply keep the wires from getting caught on anything, perhaps some rubber bands would work (and still keep the cans in good condition). It wouldn't be pretty, but IMO neither would electrical tape
wink.gif

-dd3mon

Oct 23, 2003 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by JiPi
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm sure!
tongue.gif

Open the cup, it has an screw in one side over the circle that has the logo, and model, and I think you can pull the wire to the inside of the cup a little bit.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back