V-Moda M100 vs Sony MDR-1R
Feb 28, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #16 of 18
I 've had my m100's for 2 weeks and every time I put them on it is nothing but pure musical enjoyment. They may not be "audiophile grade" and they are not super accurate studio monitors but none of that matters at all. Who cares about frequency response and accuracy, what really matters is listening and enjoying music in a package that is durable, reliable and easy to use. That is exactly what the m100's do. They are built to last and will present your music in a musical and enjoyable manner. Can't beat the looks and warranty either. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #17 of 18
  I 've had my m100's for 2 weeks and every time I put them on it is nothing but pure musical enjoyment. They may not be "audiophile grade" and they are not super accurate studio monitors but none of that matters at all. Who cares about frequency response and accuracy, what really matters is listening and enjoying music in a package that is durable, reliable and easy to use. That is exactly what the m100's do. They are built to last and will present your music in a musical and enjoyable manner. Can't beat the looks and warranty either. 

Yep. These things were very, very carefully tuned with the input of a few hundred head-fi contributors, so no they're not a flat response at all, but they're not supposed to be. They're supposed to be "alive" in a sense.

I've played around with a decent amount of headphones in the $150-200 area, and the M100's have made me truly enjoy my music again. I wear them FAR more than is probably healthy, and have to force myself to take them off just so my ears can get a break now and again. 

Feb 28, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #18 of 18
Actually I was confused bet the 1r, moment and the m100 but in the end I ordered the m100 shadow, hope I didn't go wrong
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm gonna buy the 1r then the momentum in the future anyway but I don't know when, I listen to all genres buy mostly metalcore, electrocore, post-hardcore, and alternative rock
smily_headphones1.gif

That's my first post by the way, peace

Oh man, if you're into those genres? The M100s are DYNAMITE. I'm listening to some Obsidian Kingdom right now and it's absolutely godly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back