using the iPod
May 11, 2003 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

riodelin

New Head-Fier
okay fellas, i finally bought my first pod!!! i have been using ephpod (instead of music match because i dislike using it) for my iPod. I am obviously a pc user. I have also been using SimpliCD Recorder, and dB poweramp music converter to rip music.

I had a couple of questions concerning putting files on my pod. First, is there a way to rip mp3's from an audio cd directly to my pod, instead of putting them on my hard drive first? What is the easiest way to put your cd collection on your pod. And, what is everyones thoughts concerning ephpod, or other software that i might not be aware of...

PS: I am happy with my pod!

May 11, 2003 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 9
EAC (Exact Audio Copy), and LAME encoder. See Hydrogen Audio. Also learn the presets in the MP3 forum there.

May 11, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #4 of 9
preset commands for LAME to encode under different specs (usually quality/size based)

May 11, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by riodelin
thanx, and what are presets??

See this HA thread and also this Head-Fi poll.

BTW, which iPod did you buy? What did you replace the earplugs with?

May 11, 2003 at 4:16 AM Post #6 of 9
honestly? well...i haven't really replaced them yet... I am so excited, that I have been using the Apple **** cans. I have the etymotic ER-6, and a pair of Senn 580, but I haven't even plugged them in yet. I don't like the sound of the stock buds, but I've been so excited that the stock buds haven't annoyed me yet!

May 11, 2003 at 4:23 AM Post #7 of 9
In case you didn't see them yet, there's good sites out there like iPoding and iPodLounge. Welcome to the community.

May 11, 2003 at 4:51 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for the links. I've always wrote the MP3s to computer before transfering them to my IPod perhaps there's a better way. I use RazorLame as my LAME front end encoder and EAC to rip my cds.

May 11, 2003 at 9:00 PM Post #9 of 9
No way to go directly from CD to iPod. Have to go to computer first. Rip to computer, then compress. Use EAC to rip and LAME to compress. Then copy to iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back