Using LAME encoder with Foobar2000
Dec 26, 2004 at 3:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zdogg

100+ Head-Fier
OK, I've recently ripped my entire CD collection to FLAC using EAC. I use Foobar2000 to listen to the FLACs, and now I want to transcode some of them to MP3 for use in a portable player. I would like to use LAME as the encoder via Foobar.

Can someone give me easy instructions with links as needed to:
1. Download the latest LAME encoder (or the most stable version) and
2. set it up for easy "right click" conversion of FLACs to MP3 in Foobar?

For some reason I've been having trouble doing this relatively simple task (something about foo_clienc, etc. from what I can gather online).

I'm feeling "LAME" about this, any help much appreciated
lambda.gif

Dec 26, 2004 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 7
You can use the command-line LAME encoder instead through the Diskwriter plugin. It comes with presets for the different LAME bitrate options, you just need to tell it where the LAME.exe file is.

Dec 26, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Radar
You can use the command-line LAME encoder instead through the Diskwriter plugin. It comes with presets for the different LAME bitrate options, you just need to tell it where the LAME.exe file is.

I have the lame.exe file, but how do I access the command-line (my diskwriter plugin doesn't show this as an option, do I need to download it from somewhere?)

Dec 26, 2004 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by zdogg
I have the lame.exe file, but how do I access the command-line (my diskwriter plugin doesn't show this as an option, do I need to download it from somewhere?)

Under Output Preset select one of the Commandline Encoder: LAME presets, then click EDIT and the encoder path setting should be at the top of the digalog that comes up.

Dec 27, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks, actually it turns out that I never had the appropriate drop-down menu in diskwriter (for command lines) until I just now found foo_clienc.dll online and dumped it in the components folder. This has apparently been the problem all along. Now I've configured it and it works great. Thanks again.

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 7
where do you download  foo_clienc.dll from I have been running in circles tryinng to find correct  foo_clienc.dll.I got few but foobar reported them to be wrong file.

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #7 of 7
Talk about a necrobump.

foo_clienc.dll isn't required for many years, the integrated Converter works perfectly. The first time it runs, you have to select the location of lame.exe, and that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back