Using Chord Mojo with ipad
Apr 5, 2020 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mister R

New Head-Fier
Hello there. I’m using a pair of Sennheiser momentum2s bluetoothed to my iPad. I have been using a Chord Mojo in to my Headphones with an audio quest Forest with apple usb connector in to the iPad and recently for some reason it’s now coming up on the iPad saying this device doesn’t enable the headphone amp to engage. Bluetooth works fine but I can’t seem to work in the Mojo now. I’ve had it about 2 years and had no issues. Any advice welcome!
Thanks,

iain

Apr 12, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #3 of 10
Hello there. I’m using a pair of Sennheiser momentum2s bluetoothed to my iPad. I have been using a Chord Mojo in to my Headphones with an audio quest Forest with apple usb connector in to the iPad and recently for some reason it’s now coming up on the iPad saying this device doesn’t enable the headphone amp to engage. Bluetooth works fine but I can’t seem to work in the Mojo now. I’ve had it about 2 years and had no issues. Any advice welcome!
Thanks,

iain
Not sure I understand how the Mojo fits into your system.
If you have your iPad connected to the Mojo by a cable, but your headphones are bluetoothed to the iPad, then your headphones are using their internal dac. There is no audio signal from the Mojo reaching your headphones.

Apr 12, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 10
Oh, I didn't realize he was trying to connect a wireless headphone to the Mojo. Yeah, that is not going to work no matter what he does, unless it has a hard wired connection on that model headphone.

Apr 12, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #7 of 10
Yes using an apple canera usb connector from iPad in to an audioquest in to the mojo with headphone socket in to some sennheiser momentum 2s

The most likely culprit is checking to see if there is any iOS update that you have not installed. Another thing to consider is switching USB cables, it might be faulty and result in that error.

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #10 of 10
I looked in to the firmware upgrade and don’t think the momentum 2s have the necessary upgrade to work with the iPhone XR sadly. Can I still use the momentum’s with a toxic silver cable for example in to a Mojo/poly with the iPhone as the controller to access my music services?

Thanks a lot for your advice!
Iain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back