Useless brandlist
May 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

paaj

Headphoneus Supremus

Could it be made that the Head Gear section only shows brands that actually are owned/wanted by at least one head-fier? This place is for people that take headphones seriously and I just can't imagine anyone cares for a Disney 'Hannah Montana' headphone...

May 27, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:

Could it be made that the Head Gear section only shows brands that actually are owned/wanted by at least one head-fier? This place is for people that take headphones seriously and I just can't imagine anyone cares for a Disney 'Hannah Montana' headphone...

Bite your tongue!  That's high on my list of must-have gear.  
wink.gif

Okay, seriously now:  The Head Gear section was initially populated using product feeds, so that it wouldn't be empty at the outset.  To make it as effective and useful as it needs to be, substantial pruning of products must be done.  I will begin that initiative in earnest soon after CanJam 2010 is over.

May 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 5
It would be nice to collapse all of the colors of a particular product into a single listing. I don't think having one review for each color of JVC Marshmallow is particularly useful to anyone.

May 28, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
It would be nice to collapse all of the colors of a particular product into a single listing. I don't think having one review for each color of JVC Marshmallow is particularly useful to anyone.

That will be done as a component of the pruning project.  Actually, I've already pruned the colors down to one listing for several products I've come across in the database, but that will continue with much more time and effort sometime after CanJam Chicago.

May 28, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks, that sounds good. Appreciate all the work you guys are putting into making this work even if I'm not the biggest fan of the changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back