USB Spotlight Whiplash Audio Locus Design Exclusive!!
May 7, 2009 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
USB Spotlight Whiplash Audio Locus Design Exclusive!!

The Spotlight is a custom, purpose designed, high end USB cable. Close attention is paid to mitigating mechanical noise and triboelectric effects. A proprietary weave of custom made CFDCT-OFC conductors is fully shielded via tinned copper braid and is covered by an attractive carbon sheathing.

Exclusively built for Whiplash Audio by Locus Design. Locus Design's
USB cables are considered by many to be the best available and the
reference for high end USB cables. Locus worked closely with Whiplash Audio to employ their USB cable technology in a lower priced cable, tailored for Head-Fi users, that still offers much of the high performance of their more expensive cables.

There are 2 types of termination:

USB Type A - B
USB Type A - mini B

This cable will be feature at Can Jam!! Check this bad boy out in the Santa Monica A Room.

Here are some teasers:

USB Type A - B
3508871895_723115b10f.jpg

USB Type A - Mini B
3509686770_6ae90162bd.jpg

3508900839_2136c7f6f1.jpg

Retail Price: $199
Introductory price of [size=medium]$179[/size] for 1 - 3ft

$179 base price is for lengths 1ft-3ft
4+ feet is $20/ft retail per additional foot over four

May 30, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 8
I had a few extra bucks and gave this a try. Craig shipped it fast and at a better then advertised price. Not sure why or how but this does make a nice improvement in the sound coming out of my hotaudio supreme dac/amp. They say to give it a good 100-150hrs of burn in so I'll be posting more thoughts next week in the cable forum. Anybody going to canjam should check this baby out. You might be surprised by what you hear!

May 31, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by powerslave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a few extra bucks and gave this a try. Craig shipped it fast and at a better then advertised price. Not sure why or how but this does make a nice improvement in the sound coming out of my hotaudio supreme dac/amp. They say to give it a good 100-150hrs of burn in so I'll be posting more thoughts next week in the cable forum. Anybody going to canjam should check this baby out. You might be surprised by what you hear!

Thanks man for the comments. I look forward to your next impressions!!
Thanks,
Craig

Jun 1, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks man for the comments. I look forward to your next impressions!!
Thanks,
Craig

I won the Spotlight USB cable at the Canjam raffle.

It is a shame that I sold my Scott Nixon USB DAC and I have no use for the cable.

perhaps I need to build a USB DAC now..

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won the Spotlight USB cable at the Canjam cable.

It is a shame that I sold my Scott Nixon USB DAC and I have no use for the cable.

perhaps I need to build a USB DAC now..

Oh man...I hope you have a chance too since this cable is really nice!!

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bredin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is the main difference between this and the Locus Polestar cable?

Well, this is the entry level model, BUT by no means is the SQ is sacrificed. Lots of work was put into making the cost less in order to maintain the SQ that Locus Design was looking for. Everyone that has purchased this has been surprised on the increased SQ from a USB cable, especially at this price.

Let me know if I can help you. My email addy is:
csanborn@whiplashaudio

Thx~
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back