USB DAC/Headphone Amp
Aug 17, 2014 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All

I want to get a USB powered DAC/Headphone amp. Something like a Dragonfly 1.2, DacMagic XS, iFI Nano iDSD DAC, Meridian Explorer or the Audioengine D1 Premium.

Has anyone compared the above against each other, or maybe there is something I have missed out I should consider?

Regards

Darren

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #2 of 11
Several of those are only DACs and have no headphone amplifier.

One USB DAC/Amp that's always popular and a good value is the Fiio E10. They just released the updated E10K which is supposed to be an upgrade over the original.

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #7 of 11
Budget is up to the most expensive listed above, so about £250, and I did state it had to be USB powered in my first post..

Oh yeah. I read your first post. Just verifying since a lot of times people new to the site don't quite specify things right :)

I think you have a good list so far. If you were in the US, I'd suggest looking at the JDS Labs C5D and Leckerton UHA-6S .MKII which are portable dac/amps that have batteries so that they can also be used with other devices. Meier Audio Corda PC Step is made in Germany.

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #8 of 11
The meridian explorer is a good unit, i take it over the Dragonfly anytime. 

Which headphones you own btw? 

Aug 8, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #10 of 11
let me see if i can get some feed back here? i need the best little amp/dac with headroom for my K10S, ive been away from my rigs for a while (surgeries) and when i go to play my tunes my dacs are shot, cant just run K10s off the mac , would not be right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back