USB DAC for iPhone/Carplay?
Oct 20, 2018 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

anoxy

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a car with Carplay, and I was thinking I could improve the sound quality by plugging some sort of DAC/Amp into the car's USB port, and then plugging my iPhone into the usb port of the DAC/Amp.

Do you think this would work? Any recommendations if so?

Oct 24, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I was thinking the same but I don't think my VW ID4 sound system has any inputs

Oct 24, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 3
I have a car with Carplay, and I was thinking I could improve the sound quality by plugging some sort of DAC/Amp into the car's USB port, and then plugging my iPhone into the usb port of the DAC/Amp.

Do you think this would work? Any recommendations if so?
If the car radio is equipped with a line input, it should work.
I don't know if it works via USB because my car is from 2013 and doesn't have Apple carplay.
I have a line input connector where I plug the dac dongel into the ipad and instead of headphones I use a line in cable and connect it to the connector on the car.
That works so far.

If you have Bluethooth, a Dap that can also play offline from the streaming provider could be a remedy, or the Dap must support it from the respective streaming provider.
But you have to pay close attention to this, unfortunately, and often ask the dap manufacturer before buying because it is not mentioned.

Usb could only work if it could be set on the car radio to transmit audio output, otherwise I don't think it works.

Line in is in my opinion the second best next to Bluethooth.
If you have a line in connection,
You can use any dac dongel you are willing to spend money on.
If you want to use it on a PC, Audioquest and Nuprime hi mdac are not bad, but others are also good and can also be used on a PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back