USB DAC Amp to power headphones. Fiio E10 for $124 worth it?
Jul 14, 2014 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

maulerr

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone :)

I recently purchased some Denon AH-D2000, I'm powering them with my Blue Yeti microphone output which isn't really ideal but it's much better than on-board sound.

I have being looking at reviews of various USB DAC amps but I haven't found anything that is considered much better than Fiio E10. I'm not interested in the Dragonfly because I want something that has a volume control and has it's own unit that can sit on my desk somewhere. Some of the threads about the E10 vs the Audioengine D1 seem to always prefer the E10.

Also I would prefer to stay away from portable DAC amps because if they're portable and able to run off batteries it would seem to me that they're forfeiting quality for portability. I would prefer something that has maximum quality for the price.

Just some other things;
I would like some type of bass boost, the Denons have amazing bass and I really would like to take advantage of that.
Budget is ~$100

TLDR: I need a DAC amp for ~$100 that has volume control. I can get E10 for $124, should I get that or should I buy something else?

Thank you :)

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #2 of 3
Personally, i think you should wait for the Fiio E10K.  There is some info here, the people who have review units feel that it is an upgrade to the E10.

I do own the E10 and I am pretty certain that it retailed for $90, so if you are able to get it for $124 then you would be overpaying.

Jul 14, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 3
Yeah its retail is around $100AUD but it is discontinued so second hand pairs are going for a little over $100 usually.

Also thanks for that update, I had no idea they were releasing a new version :) if it is coming out soon and it is affordable I will definitely try to pick one up (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back