USB-C to usb b cable
Dec 30, 2017 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eee1111

500+ Head-Fier
can someone point me in the direction of a quality usb-c that will be plugged into a MacBook Pro to a usb b that will be plugged into the dac?

I have a monoprice cable but it definitely seems to have issues

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 6
I am searching for this answer myself.

So far, I find that using a usb c to usb a adapter followed by a usb a to usb b cable would yield a better sound than a direct usb c to usb b cable.

I have tried the Monoprice cable as well as a couple of other usb c to usb b cables to reach this conclusion.

Never been able to find any higher quality usb c to usb b cable.

Sep 2, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #3 of 6
Honestly I'm really surprised this hasn't caught on or more brands making this type of cable. With the direction of the type C taking over in many source devices (laptops, daps, phones), it's an absolute wonder why more companies aren't pushing these cables out.

The other way of looking it could also be, why are dac/amps still using the USB B connection as an interface? This might be a limitation of the hardware to fidelity requirement (like THX as an example) being a limiting factor 🤷‍♂️

May 13, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 6
Any updates here? I’m surprised this is not a topic that’s more widely discussed!
Most PCs have USB-C, most DACs have USB-B...
An adaptor should not should better than a straight one piece cable.

May 23, 2022 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 6
there is actually a relatively good usb c to usb a adapter from audioquest.
26bd07a5b6b17f19af5ad5d2e2dd87a3.jpg

May 23, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #6 of 6
I just got the Amazon Basics USB a to b cable and it's excellent, much thicker than it looked in the photos and the Topping DAC sounds great on it. If it comes in C or you can get the adapter, the cable is much better than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back