Urgent: Is DIP the same as PDIP?
Feb 6, 2007 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mminutel

500+ Head-Fier
My mom doesn't want to order everything for my CMOY off of separate sites. The only thing I lack from Mouser is the OPA2132PA and a nice potentiometer. The OPA2132PA says that is is PDIP-8 but the build calls for DIP-8. Are they the same? Also, can anyone help me find a nice potentiometer that rivals the Panasonic 10K, horizontal mount (EVJ-C20) from Mouser. I would really appreciate it. Thanks you all.

Feb 6, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 13
P stands for plastic, which the silicon die that is the opamp itself is encased in. If you see a CDIP that is ceramic

Feb 6, 2007 at 12:24 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Also, can anyone help me find a nice potentiometer that rivals the Panasonic 10K, horizontal mount (EVJ-C20) from Mouser.

Mouser do have some alps pots that are pin compatable with the EVJ's but those are pretty crapppy and they do not have threaded bushings.
That begs a question though:
Why not just order everything from Digikey?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 13
Ha. If I can find everything from them then I guess I will.

Feb 6, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #6 of 13
Ughh...can anyone recommend me a good 1/8" input/output jack for my CMOY from Digi-Key. I have everything except it from there now! they make you buy 10,000 of them.

Feb 6, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 13
What would be the difference in these jacks? The barrel and standard that is.

Feb 6, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeoneWhoIsntMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tomb, will knobs with a shaft size of 6.35mm (for example 450-7031 from mouser) fit that pot?

Yes - better than most, because it's a metal shaft with a flat already ground on the shaft. 6.35 is exactly 1/4", btw.

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #11 of 13
that barrel connector, will it work because the schematic calls for a 5 pin and that is only a 2 pin. the guide calls for a CP-3535 and they are out. I wouldnt mind having a surface mount but I need to make sure it will be compatible with Tangent's guide. It calls for a 5 pin but it only has 3 leads coming into them so please recommend me a plug. I thank you all for the input but I have to go soon and would like to order it ASAP.

Feb 6, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #12 of 13
That's what's confusing about those - the 5 pins are only used if you're switching out a circuit. Stereo for headphones uses 3 pins: L, R, and Ground (common between the two).

Even the barrel connector has four tabs, but it's a little less confusing and a lot more flexible in use and mounting, IMHO. (It looks like you only need pins 1, 2, & 4 in the diagram.) The truth is, I use a Philmore variant that Fry's sells that only has the 3 stereo pins. In any event, there's only one or two styles of them, so it's a lot less confusing. You'll spend several days trying to figure out all the variants of the other kind, then end up gettting it wrong when you order - I did, to the tune of about a dozen of those things once. No more for me.

Feb 7, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes - better than most, because it's a metal shaft with a flat already ground on the shaft. 6.35 is exactly 1/4", btw.

Hmm, I just looked at this pot and it's a 12mm shaft.
313-1240-50K , right?
Okay, I just looked at the data sheet and it says shaft diameter 6.0mm. Apparently 12mm is the length of the part of the pot that is inside the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back