UPS Stay away!
Jun 26, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #16 of 25
Much depends on the local UPS facility and the particular driver. I've had both good and poor experiences with UPS over the years. Sometimes their tracking information is not updated, packages get mishandled or misplaced, etc. Last week the UPS delivery guy searched for my package 15 minutes in front of my house and then finally said he would have to track it down because it was placed on the wroong truck although he had it on his delivery schedule. Worked out OK, but a day late.

FedEx seemingly is more careful in my area about leaving packages, etc. I try to use USPS every chance I get. Only quibble I have is that their Flat Rate large box is too small for many items although there is a 70lb Flat Rate limit. Can't fit CDP's, etc. in their large FR boxes.

Jun 26, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoou2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Much depends on the local UPS facility and the particular driver....

I live in NJ and have bad experiences with both UPS and Fedex, lost package, deliver to WRONG address in CA.....

One time is very funny, I saw the UPS truck drove by my home, so I went downstairs to chase it. But the truck stopped by my neighbor's neighbor so quickly then ran away. Of course the delivery for my package is refused as my neighbor's neighbor did not want to accept someone else's package. Then I called UPS, the REP said that UPS driver need a pair of new glass.....
angry_face.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #18 of 25
I've never had any problems with UPS. I've had one instance where the box came slightly squashed, but other than that nothing of note. I think you just got a bad handler or something.

Jun 27, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #19 of 25
Call it luck if you will, but my wife and I have had numerous packages delivered over many years to several different residences by UPS and have never had any problems with damaged or misplaced items. This includes a small number of expensive electronic goods. Rarely we've noted some excessive "wear and tear" on a few packages but fortunately the contents were well-packed and had no damage.

Jun 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #20 of 25
Jul 5, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Zeroibis! I just order the same cable from HR, I hope I have better luck than you did. Keeping fingers crossed
redface.gif

Got this HUGE UPS envelope with the tiny 4" cable a few days ago. Was afraid to open it as it seemed to be empty! The cable was shipped naked in the envelope and thankfully didn't get smashed like yours did.

Jul 9, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #24 of 25
UPS is a no go! Any package from the US to Canada where I am at always, always has brokerage and duty fees and is generally held up in customs for several days. USPS is both cheaper and almost never has any additional fees or other painful hang-ups. For Canadian customers: USPS good! UPS VERY BAD!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back