Upgrading from the Sennheiser HD555
Sep 25, 2014 at 12:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

vlad951

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

It's been about 4 years since I bought the HD555s, and they're kind-of falling apart so I'm looking to switch to something else.
I'm currently leaning towards the AKG K240 Studio headphones, as they're supposed to have some similar qualities; being open and natural sounding headphones.

Does anyone have experience with both of these cans, and can describe the difference between these two, and how they sound compared to other headphones in this class, such as the HD558? Should I go for the this model, or search for something else?

I'm looking for more or less neutral headphones that sound well across a variety of genres.

Thanks in advance!

Sep 25, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hello everyone,
It's been about 4 years since I bought the HD555s, and they're kind-of falling apart so I'm looking to switch to something else.
I'm currently leaning towards the AKG K240 Studio headphones, as they're supposed to have some similar qualities; being open and natural sounding headphones.
Does anyone have experience with both of these cans, and can describe the difference between these two, and how they sound compared to other headphones in this class, such as the HD558? Should I go for the this model, or search for something else?
I'm looking for more or less neutral headphones that sound well across a variety of genres.
Thanks in advance!

I own the K242HD and HD558s, I prefer to use the HD558s.
(I removed the black rubber tape from inside the cups of the HD558)
Also the K242HD need a little more voltage to drive them. compared to the HD558s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back