Upgrading from Creative Aurvana Live!
Nov 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dukespecial

New Head-Fier
I am looking to upgrade but not sure what to upgrade to.

I have got in on the Massdrop AKG K7XX deal but it's hard to tell if these are the right fit for me.

I don't really want to spend over $200 if possible and I mostly listen to electronic, classical and rock. I will be listening from a Retina Macbook Pro mostly but sometimes my AV Receiver and iPhone.

Just wondering if the soundstage of the AKGK7XX will be right for me or if there is another set around that price range that will do just as well.

I saw the Philips X1 but sadly that is out of my price range.

Any pointers would be great.

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #2 of 4
If you like the sound signature of your Aurvana Live, you might wanna stick to it. Below $200 there isn't really anything that will be significantly better in closed headphones at that price range.

If you don't mind open phones, HD 598 just under $200 is known to bring classical bliss to lots of people, and unamped too!

Dec 21, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 4
You could try the creative aurvana live 2. It sounds better than the one in my opinion but only with a new cable. Not sure what is up with the cable that came with mine but it did not sound good. The cable that fits the senn 598 works.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back