upgraded cpu/motherboard now mic doesn't work please help
Mar 31, 2023 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Atavax

100+ Head-Fier
to describe the problem first. mic just makes a bunch of static sound now. If I unplug the audio interface and then plug it in the static is much quieter and then slowly ramps up. The volume of my speech does not ramp up though

I have a Earthworks Ethos Condenser microphone plugged into a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen USB audio interface. Which is then plugged into my Gigabyte Aero 790 motherboard which is powered by a 1300W seasonic PSU. I'm using Windows 10.

I have tried adjusting the volume level set through the audio interface and through windows, lowering the volume does not remove the static. There is also no microphone boost option. I have tried unplugging both ends of the cable from the microphone to the audio interface and back again. i have tried unplugging and replugging in both sides of the usb cable between the audio interface and the PC. I have tried plugging the usb cable into 3 different motherboard ports and have tried plugging it into a usb hub plugged into the motherboard, I have tried updating drivers for the motherboard and I have installed software for the audio interface. I have plugged in my old at2020 usb mic in one of the usb ports i tried with the audio interface and the old mic works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back