Upgrade from Shure E2c
Dec 31, 2008 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ugaboga313

New Head-Fier
I really like my pair of e2c's but as they slowly get damaged mostly on my part, I am looking for an upgrade. I don't want to spend a lot but with many of the deals on amazon marketplace I am tempted. They have the 420's for 185 and they look tempting. I really like the sound of my current headphones and would like to stay with shure BUT I am open to other headphones. Thanks in advance.

My maximum is a little bit over 200 but I do not really want to spend that much if I can get a decent upgrade for about 100.

Once again Thanks in advance.

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #2 of 9
I am not really liking the se420, you would be better off with se310 IMHO.

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went from E2C to SF5pro. For me the SF5pro was like a livelier, fuller version of the E2C.

Same except mine were the E3C I progressed from. The UE's also offered a lot more bass which was definitely lacking in the E3C. Now that I've got my SE530 as an xmas gift there is no looking back. They meet my sound requirements in every way possible. The only drawback I found with the UE's were the cable connectors at the monitors. If the cable would sometimes pop off the monitor during attempts at getting a good seal.

Jan 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 9
Well I was looking at the SCL3 and 4 that are now on rebate as well. I know they are the E3 and 4 but was wondering on opinions since they are so cheap. I am leaning on the scl3 because it is available now unless there is a big jump to the scl4.

Also what is the cheapest a sf5pro goes for online?

Just to add I use an ipod touch and listen to mostly rock. Thanks in advance.

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Signal2Noise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same except mine were the E3C I progressed from. The UE's also offered a lot more bass which was definitely lacking in the E3C. Now that I've got my SE530 as an xmas gift there is no looking back. They meet my sound requirements in every way possible. The only drawback I found with the UE's were the cable connectors at the monitors. If the cable would sometimes pop off the monitor during attempts at getting a good seal.

The cable would pop off sometimes? Really? Hasn't happened to me yet...

Jan 1, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #8 of 9
Oh, and I own a pair of UE Super.fi 5 EB's in case you're wondering. I've never had the cable come off at the connection point while I was putting them on.

I actually wish my Shure's had the ability to disconnect in case I snap the wire itself. :/

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by FYDave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cable would pop off sometimes? Really? Hasn't happened to me yet...

Yup. Probably because I had to get a replacement cable from UE. I have the clear model and I noticed the wire was actually turning green (oxidizing?) and the clear sheathing had also split a little bit. So ever since the new cable was put on it easier for the connector to become loose. It doesn't happen often but is still very annoying actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back