Upgrade fr Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro
Oct 30, 2004 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

viconte

100+ Head-Fier
I didnt know that my Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro is not highly regarded till I visited this forum (bad for my wallet
frown.gif
) alas, I need yr opinions on any soundcards that will turn my com into a gd sound system, I can afford up till emu 1212 range, anything else better than tt for ard tt price? yr comments r appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 2
The Audigy2 ZS series has been slammed a lot more than it should have been here in these forums, as well. I know, I have one. It does sound pretty good, as long as you keep your drivers up to date (and don't use the outdated ones which came with your card for long), turn off all DSP effects, and you resample everything manually in your music player software (i.e. foobar2000) to 96kHz. It delivers mediocre-at-best sound quality at a sampling rate of 48kHz (which 44.1kHz files will get resampled to in hardware), due to the rather steep top end roll-off at that sampling rate with the A2 ZS series of sound cards. Your A2 ZS Platinum Pro does have a few advantages over cheaper A2 ZS series cards: Most of the audio electronics are in the external box rather than on the card itself (the better to minimize noise), and it allows 24-bit/96kHz recording capability with third-party ASIO-based multitrack recording software (the cheaper A2 ZS series cards make you use Creative's MediaSource/WaveStudio just to record in 24-bit/96kHz; otherwise, the recording capability on the cheaper models maxxes out at 16-bit/48kHz).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back