Upcoming video game discussion thread
Apr 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #61 of 68

Quote:
Ah, well I was actually talking about that other user with the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" philosophy, which isn't the smartest thing to do either. But then again, doing frantic driver updating isn't any better, as both options have trade-offs. Selective updating is the best course of action :)

Yeah, I know what you mean about AMD's Switchable Graphics. For some odd reason, they're using combo drivers instead of regular individual drivers for the IGP and the GPU, which would then communicate with each other through small extensions, like what Nvidia does with Optimus. I've seen some modded Mobility drivers, but those were for standalone GPUs, but I think you're talking about stock drivers.

Haven't followed Rainbow Six recently. Have they maintained the gameplay of Vegas on the new versions, only with updated graphics and physics engines?

In my case stock driver and modded driver is not that different. My modded driver is basically just latest official drivers for both cards that my laptop have. Nothing is changed, it was made so switchable graphics laptop users can use latest official Catalyst drivers. I don't know why my manufacturer won't update the graphic drivers (latest Catalyst drivers published on their site is March 2011 drivers).

I think that it still retain that Vegas styled gameplay but they are approaching a more "Call of Duty" direction. From the gameplay video, I was like "oh, just another CoD wannabe" but it's Rainbow Six, a title that's worth looking IMO. Story and actions looks better and entertaining.

I found a trailer for The Last of Us. A third person survival game set in post-apocalyptic world for PS3. Looks similar to I Am Alive

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #62 of 68

Quote:

In my case stock driver and modded driver is not that different. My modded driver is basically just latest official drivers for both cards that my laptop have. Nothing is changed, it was made so switchable graphics laptop users can use latest official Catalyst drivers. I don't know why my manufacturer won't update the graphic drivers (latest Catalyst drivers published on their site is March 2011 drivers).

I think that it still retain that Vegas styled gameplay but they are approaching a more "Call of Duty" direction. From the gameplay video, I was like "oh, just another CoD wannabe" but it's Rainbow Six, a title that's worth looking IMO. Story and actions looks better and entertaining.

I found a trailer for The Last of Us. A third person survival game set in post-apocalyptic world for PS3. Looks similar to I Am Alive

One of the reasons why laptops don't have driver updates as often as desktop counterparts is because most manufacturers have the nasty habit of modifying the base hardware and tagging it as their own, and that messes up regular driver installation.

Might have to check the new Rainbow Six when it's out.

The trailer looks interesting, although I was hoping for some gameplay footage. Is there going to be a PC version?

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #63 of 68
Yeah and the worst part is sometimes official drivers won't work, making us have to use manufacturer's driver or find unofficial drivers.

Sure. RB6: Patriots is going to be on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC (Windows).

Here's a prototype game play footage. This is just a concept of how the game is going to be. Released product may differ (a lot?) from this target footage.

There is going to be a sandtable on the multiplayer to help coordinate strategies and familiarize newcomers with the multiplayer maps. Link of article: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/11/18/rainbow-6-patriots-what-ubisoft-is-bringing-to-multiplayer.aspx

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #64 of 68

Quote:
Yeah and the worst part is sometimes official drivers won't work, making us have to use manufacturer's driver or find unofficial drivers.

Sure. RB6: Patriots is going to be on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC (Windows).

Here's a prototype game play footage. This is just a concept of how the game is going to be. Released product may differ (a lot?) from this target footage.

There is going to be a sandtable on the multiplayer to help coordinate strategies and familiarize newcomers with the multiplayer maps. Link of article: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/11/18/rainbow-6-patriots-what-ubisoft-is-bringing-to-multiplayer.aspx

Well, I'm afraid you might suffer a bit more with Switchable Graphics than Optimus users, as they can update drivers independently. Still, be very wary of any software that asks or does automatic registry changes, as those can break driver updates on hybrid systems far too easily :S

Sir, I like what I'm seeing on that vid, be it WIP or not :)

Apr 19, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #65 of 68

Quote:

Well, I'm afraid you might suffer a bit more with Switchable Graphics than Optimus users, as they can update drivers independently. Still, be very wary of any software that asks or does automatic registry changes, as those can break driver updates on hybrid systems far too easily :S

Sir, I like what I'm seeing on that vid, be it WIP or not :)

Kudos to the guy who make custom drivers for switchable graphics! Now I can enjoy using latest Catalyst drivers on my laptop. Thanks for the advice though, I'll be careful.

Looks pretty cool, huh? :) R6: Patriots is scheduled to finish on 2013, lets hope they reveal more details along their development process. In the meantime, I'm following Rockstar's twitter page and GTA discussion boards for updates on Max Payne 3 and GTA 5. Rockstar is somewhat being closed about GTA 5. Infos are mostly speculations based on trailer analysis.

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #67 of 68
I can't wait for Dust 514. I loved EVE but it got harder to play solo without getting trounced by pirates. Just the idea of having two games set in a constantly changing universe is amazing. I'm very much looking forward to it. 

There's also Trion's Defiant. The TV show/game which has direction based on the players. I love the idea behind both of these games and it's something I hope plays a larger role in gaming and other mediums. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #68 of 68
I'm pumped for Black ops 2 and NBA 2k13. I guess I was one of the only that loved blops 1. I thought the customization in it with the emblems and cod points, camos and emblems on guns, etc.
I just felt that it was my call of duty more that mw3 where all when I get a great title, I see someone else with that same one. NBA will be fun because 2k12 was a masterpiece in terms of my player.Anyone should buy this game for My Player only. I'm also looking foward to Dragon's Dogma (hopefully like monster hunter US edition lol) and borderlands 2. The first one was nothing short of creative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back