Ultra Micro Amp
Mar 13, 2010 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

markkr

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey Headroom,

I'm an old customer of yours, been enjoying my Headroom Micro Amp since 2005... things appear to have changed allot since I pulled myself from this obsessive hobby!

I just have a quick question, I was considering getting a new amp for my desk at work, and have read about an "Ultra Micro Amp" but don't see it anywhere on your website... Is this not made anymore?

I'm considering either a new MicroStack or a Desktop Amp. In your opinion would this be a worthwhile upgrade for my Grado 225i's?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

PS: what happened to the Microbags???

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 4
The Ultra Micro has been discontinued, from what I gather HeadRoom is just trying to simplify their lineup for now. If you're looking for the Max Board you can still get it in the Ultra Desktop, or try scouring the Sales/Trades here for an Ultra Micro.

Sorry, I can't really comment whether upgrading from an '05 Micro to a 2010 Micro would make much of a difference.

Mar 14, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 4
yes. the wonderfull ultra micro has been discontinued. I feel very lucky that I got the chance to have an ultra micro stack, it amazes me every time again and again. I agree with the last post,I think that if you like the headroom sound you should definitely get the ultra desktop. it has everything you need in one package: upsampling dac,amp,astrodyne psu. although I never heard a 2005 micro stack, I don't think that getting a new version of the micro's will be a serious upgrade to what you have. in the other hand,the ultra desktop should definitely be an upgrade because the electronics are better.

Mar 16, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 4
I feel for the most part Headroom made the right decision slimming down the number of different amp configurations. I'm not sure that cutting the Ultra Micro Amp was wise because now there is no option for a regular Ultra amp without DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back