Ultimate iDevices based Source??
Jul 2, 2017 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bigwilly1

New Head-Fier
Hey Guys,

Im looking to spend some money to compliment my current equipment. Budget is relativley unlimted but im really really keen to stay with iDevices (iPod/iTouch etc) and wondering what the best solution would be.

Id like to stay with iDevices for their range of accessories, cases etc and there ease of syncing with my car etc. I travel alot for work and being able to plug the iDevice into the cars i hire means alot. I have also found their relaibility/stabilty to be superior to most other devices with support worldwide. Otherwise id happily go for a AK380 + Amp lol!

Anyway my current portable set-up is Macbook Pro, 64gb iTouch, Chord Mojo & Shure SE846's with Bose QC20's on flights!! Works great, sounds great and will be buying a Lightning to Mojo interconnect in a few weeks whilst im in the states.

Im looking at things like the DIYmod/Wolfson iPod Classics or Rockboxing etc? Is there something even cooler than that? Or is the AK380 really the only way to go. With or without Mojo or amp?

Jul 2, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 3
I thought so. Ive done searches on here and on Google. The searches on here were interesting reading for sure. The google search produced biased, manufacture based reviews/feedback.

I know iDevices dont have quality at the top of their priority list but their in my scenario, reliability, usability and support is my highest priority and really keen to stick with them. i sometimes spend months away from civilisation (work offshore) and if my Source failed Day 1 then id be be very very grumpy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back