Ultimate Ears UE 7 better than UE 10 ?
Dec 30, 2008 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

king.mark

Head-Fier
Hi Everyone
I'm about to get custom UEs but the big question is which one.
Many people here have the UE 10 and their resonance is very positive.
But form what I understand the UE 7 has the same drivers and just a bit more bass and there for might be better for a HD650 lover like me.
Maybe some people like to share why they bought a UE 7 or why they haven't.

Greetings
Mark

Dec 30, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 15
Well the UE 11 seams really great but I can't listen long to strong highs.
I thought the UE 11s highs are too strong, causing early fatigue.

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 15
I hate overpronounced highs and am very happy with the UE-11. I wouldn't even call them bassy ((imho) they have bass, but just as much as necessary, comparable with a good home rig with subwoofers. awesome bass, but just the right amount of it)

And as I've recently received my HD650: I like them both, so you might, too
smily_headphones1.gif

Although the HD650 are a bit more analytical, less forgiving.

Dec 31, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 15
Hmm that's good to hear, I've made an appointment for Jan. 2nd to test the UE series, when I told them that I'm interested in the UE 7 they directly told me that I have to try the UE 11.
I thought it was just to sell the most expensive one but I should really give the whole line a fair chance.
Thanks for the input.

Dec 31, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #7 of 15
Oh, seeing that you're from Germany: You might try ordering your UE-11 from mp3-player.de or fischer-amps.de. I've used mp3-player.de, they were reasonably fast (transfer to UE and back was done via express transfer) and had a nice support.
Directly ordering from UE probably won't be cheaper if you calculate with the price + shipping + taxes.

But now I'm curious: How/where do you want to test the UE series? You mean the universal UEs?

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 15
I talked to Fischer Amps and they told me that Köttgen Hörakustik in Cologne can help me, that's not far for where I live.
So I called Köttgen and they told me that they have Testphones, so I made the appointment.
I want to make sure that I really get the perfect sound for my taste before buying, because the customs are so damn expensive.
Maybe if they are good but not mindblowing, I will wait until I'm in the US. I will be in Virginia from April till September for an internship.

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 15
Interesting, although I still don't know how they want to have testphones for custom phones.

It would be nice if you cold post here about your appointment afterwards
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #10 of 15
As far as I know, they have Testphones with the exact same internals as the final customs but are usable like a normal IEM.
I will post my experience after the appointment.

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #15 of 15
I couldn't go to the appointment today, after having one hell of a Silvester party I got ill, so I had to cancel.
I will make a new appointment, maybe some time next week.
Happy New Year and to those who already own them, enjoy your custom UEs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back