Ubuntu Problem
Jul 1, 2011 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sandaz93

Head-Fier
I'm interested in ripping some of my CDs to my computer but had some questions on how to do it. According to the Ubuntu software manager, I already have the FLAC codec installed. Do i now just install the asunder CD ripper, and set the desired output as FLAC?
And as always, this is legal right? Sorry, but I'm hugely paranoid.

I installed Ubuntu on my external hard drive, but I can't access my external hard drive at all through ubuntu. It's not showing up anywhere. Even the music/ pics on my main computer drive isn't showing up anywhere.

Sorry Complete Noob here

Jul 11, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
Do i now just install the asunder CD ripper, and set the desired output as FLAC?

Yeep =)

Quote:
And as always, this is legal right? Sorry, but I'm hugely paranoid.

You can rip copies of license CD's for your own usage.

Quote:
I installed Ubuntu on my external hard drive, but I can't access my external hard drive at all through ubuntu. It's not showing up anywhere. Even the music/ pics on my main computer drive isn't showing up anywhere.
You've install Ubuntu on your external hard drive, but you can't access your extrernal drive through Ubuntu. How can it be? Please, describe your problem clearly =)

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 7
Ubuntu Forums
Other than that, if you are successfully booting from an external HDD installation then your GRUB is good. But you're saying that you cannot access your computer's pwn drives? try sudo fdisk -l and see what that throws at you.

You can also get dBpoweramp, runs fine through WINE. That has way more tweak-ability than anything in Central I have seen to date. You'll need to winecfg and point a letter to your /cdrom and change the Type manually to CD-ROM. in dBpoweramp CD Ripper, you might have to play with the Comms Method (mine worked with AHCI and not SCSI Pass-through). That thing has CRC, AccuRip and access to way more online libraries that will automatically tag and Cover Art your ripped pieces.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 7
Honestly, I would actually use a windows application, like EAC, which runs so well, you won't even know its running in wine.

I have run EAC for the past two years via Wine, and it rips my FLAC files perfectly. Also has accuraterip, so you have even more assurance.

Jul 21, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 7
I'm here.
bigsmile_face.gif
I got windows working again so I ripping my CDs in there again. Thanks for all your help though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back