Two great TV shows on Comedy Central Cable TV
Jan 28, 2002 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

fredpb

1000+ Head-Fier
If you love toys, you will love BATTLEBOTS on Comedy Central Network. Remote control toys worth 10's of thousands of dollars fight in an arena to destroy each other. AWESOME remote robots
with some great designs.

THen of course, on sundays, the "MAN SHOW", for all of us with a sense of humor, especially concerning sex and women. WARNING: Watching this with a girlfriend could lead to your demise!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 11
Yes, both of those shows are great. Most of television isn't worth watching, but Comedy Central had a slew of shows: Daily Show, Man Show, South Park, Battlebots. Do they still show that show about sportscasting? I forget what it is called. Some of the best writing of any show I've ever seen. It's all re-runs, because the show was cancelled after it's second season (I think it was the second season). One of the guys went on to do Six Feet Under (HBO show), which I haven't seen. I thought the little brunette was really cute, and I thought it was cool that they made her into just a little bit of a psycho, without going completely overboard and making her scary, but just like -- well, someone we've all had to deal with at some point.

Jan 28, 2002 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 11
I think the name of the show was "Sports Night". An orginal show - It started out as a comedy with a laugh track and then evolved into a more dramatic show. I just couldn't stand the constant 'fast walking while talking' though.

The Daily Show kicks ass.

BattleBots is alot better now compared to first season, as the robot designs are becomming more sophisticated. In the first season the robots were a little too 'stiff'.

Overall, Comedy Central is one of few channels worth watching.
eek.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 12:59 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by DustyChalk
but Comedy Central had a slew of shows: Daily Show, Man Show, South Park

baah... The simpsons kicks South Parks ass anytime.. Just my oppinion though
wink.gif

- There have been a couple of extremely good SP episodes though. My favourite is episode 501 called "Scott Tenorman Must Die" - that's one hell of a show.

Jan 28, 2002 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 11
The Daily Show, Man Show, BattleBots, and Win Ben Stein's Money all rule!
biggrin.gif

Jan 28, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #6 of 11
Dave Attell's "Insomniac" gets two thumbs up, this guy is funny and the people he runs into are one of a kind. He basically wanders around a city late at night talking to people on the street and showing the nightlife in a city. Highly recommended!

George

Jan 29, 2002 at 1:40 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
The robots on Battlebots are crap compare to the Uk version in Robot Wars. All they do in the US version just ram each other and there's hardly any weapons. The arena is tiny and there's no house robot to kick butt, the UK version's robots are amazing in comparison.

Maybe things have changed recently. I have only seen the British Robot Wars show with that dude from "Red Dwarf" on them.
Interesting, but like it's US copy "Robot Wars" on TNN network, a bit lame, with hokey robots. I like the house robots' (The TNN network show also has copies of the British house robots, like Matilda, etc). Now some other channel, maybe the Learning channel has "Robotica". Very lame.

Battlebots is great on Comedy Central. Best robot designs, best fights. Get's boring sometimes, but it's blood and gut's. No house robots to do your fighting for you.

Kudos to UK Robot Wars as being the original, but Battlebots rule!
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2002 at 1:44 AM Post #9 of 11
I love the Daily Show, Jon Stewart is so damn funny!
And Man Show as well, a tlhough I seem to always miss it.
For the really immature side of me, I like watching the Buzz, it cracks me up every time.
Also I'm a big fan of stand-up, so of course I love Just For Laughs.
Any Kids In The Hall fans here?

Jan 29, 2002 at 5:37 PM Post #10 of 11
They had fights between the Us and UK + other european (they are awful) and I have to say the UK ones are far stronger. All the Us ones seems to go on horsepower, they just want to ram the other robots to the wall. What good does that do? There's a Uk robot cal Razor, it's actually a old design now, it's been around for 3 years but it can crush and pick up every robots I've seen. And it can self right, the design is of the robots is fantastic (I am a architect student). It looks good and it functions great.

Jan 30, 2002 at 3:13 AM Post #11 of 11
US Robots are varied. Some have spinning cutters that can destroy some robots in one hit.

Some have lifting arms that can lift a 200 lb robot about 12 feet in the air!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back