TV series Tour of Duty music
Jul 17, 2022 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

macdonjh

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been watching a TV Series called Tour of Duty. I really enjoy the music in the episodes: mid-50s through early 70s rock and pop. I am putting together a list of all the songs I hear. I know there are some "sound track" CDs out there, and some Spotify playlists, but they are incomplete.

ToD.jpg

If I get some "likes" to this post, I'll start a public PM (how's that for an oxymoron: public private message?) so we don't pollute the forum with a bunch of stuff.

Some of the songs have stumped me. I'd really appreciate help from members here identifying the songs I can't identify. I've got clips uploaded to my MS One Drive box and will provide links to anyone willing to take a shot at identifying these songs.

Aug 12, 2022 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 6
I've watched all the episodes, here are the stats so far:

181 non-soundtrack songs included (that includes duplicates, so there aren't quite that many different songs used)
47 songs I wasn't able to identify, mostly because they were mixed to low in relation to the dialog to hear clearly

Working on getting all the tracks...

Aug 19, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #4 of 6
The TV series used to be available on DVD from Netflix, but it was a recent DVD issue which didn't have the classic songs included, only the OST music. If you want the original music you may have to resort to finding the series on eBay. In my opinion, it's worth it.

Aug 19, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #6 of 6
Absolutely, one of my Top 5 Stones songs. Growing up in the '70s I kind of missed out on Motown in favor of rock and disco. Many of the songs and bands I wasn't very familiar with (sure, I've heard of The Miracles, but until last week I didn't have any of their music in my collection). But I recognized a lot of the classic rock songs right away. It's been fun listening hard through the dialog to catch lyrics of songs I didn't know to identify them and then add them to my list.

It's also been interesting: there is a four CD sound track set issued by Columbia available on the used market. One of these days I may know for sure (since there are a few songs I haven't identified yet), but I'll bet a third or half of the songs included on those discs weren't in the show. There are also a couple of long Spotify playlists, same critique.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back