TV/PS4-PS5 technical question
Apr 9, 2021 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Playstation

500+ Head-Fier
so right now I am only using a PS4 slim, as the PS5 continue to remain out of stock. I went ahead and bought a TV ahead of time, so I wouldn't have to buy a TV and a PS5 together.

so the issue I am having when I hook up the PS4 slim to the 4k TV is that all of the picture settings are not available. I assume, because the PS4 slim is older tech, and only supporting up to 1080p, that this is source related and will be remedied once hooked up to the PS5.

Keep in mind that it's undoubtedly the PS4 and not a TV defect. Although, doesn't this seem to be an odd limitation?

When on a different input, that's not connected to any devices via hdmi, the settings work. The only settings available on the PS4 input are backlight, brightness, and presets. I am not able to customize color, contrast, or sharpness. If I switch over to an input that allows full control, then save and copy over to the other input, those changes do not apply. e.g. color set to 0 still shows color, sharpness set to 100 still looks dull.

unfortunately I do not have any other hdmi devices to test this on. I am probably being overly concern because I don't want to be stuck with a TV that doesn't support consoles fully.

Am I missing anything? Could it possibly be outdated hdmi cables, or a setting I am overlooking? Is it likely this issue will resolve itself whenever I am able to hook it up to a PS5?

for reference the TV is a Vizio V series, model V435-H11. Amazing tech for the price, and more than enough for a gaming console.

I did contact the Tv manufacturer. They didn't really offer a definite answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back