Turntables anyone?
Mar 31, 2016 at 5:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SoundGoon

500+ Head-Fier
I posted this over in the equipment forum but wanted to get a few more eyes on it. Any insight that anybody can give based on experience or even just their own opinions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!
So after a little searching I can't really tell where this tt (Denon DP-37F) sits in the overall scheme of things. It's a Denon direct drive with the servo tacking tonearm which sounds good, but is anyone familiar with this particular piece? Is it a good entry level turntable, a mid level, or a starting-to-be-something-a-little-fancy turntable? I have a possible line on one for around $200 and was wondering if it was worth it or not. Also, does anyone have any thoughts about how this line compares to the Sony biootracer tonearms?

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 2
The Denon model you mention was, in its day, a mid-level TT that was generally well regarded. For $200, it might be a decent entry-level unit. However, there have been a number of really good lower priced TT's introduced over the past 5-6 years, some of which come with a cartridge. It might be a good idea to look at some of them before you make your purchase. For starters, check out the less expensive models from VPI, Pro-Ject, Rega, Music Hall, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back