Tube Lovers Check this out
Oct 17, 2003 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
OMG
What planet is this tube gear from.........incedible looking designs
that will cause real double take, look at the size of that main tube! (would make Dr Frankenstien jealous)
cool.gif

Tube Stuff

Oct 17, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 13
WOW, allot of cool stuff, the huge tube amp is out of this world

check out the headphones on the wall under the Jim Hagerman of Hagerman Technology pictures
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2003 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 13
I can only imagine what that beastie would look like with the lights dimmed............ooohhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Can you imagine the heat given off by those two tubes?

BTW......those speakers are also very extreme (and cool)

Oct 17, 2003 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 13
Man, those things aren't tube amps, they're halogen bulbs! Sheesh, talk about overkill size and brightness wise.

Oct 18, 2003 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 13
It's truly frightening.
I'd imagine Satan's sound system to look something like this, glowing and throbbing and pumping out insane volumes to the ears of the damned.
I've spent $1400 on my headphone setup and thought that I was being a little ridiculous.
Truly limitless...

Oct 18, 2003 at 2:31 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by timoteus
That's a GM100, a 1000W Russian triode transmitting tube. It has an 18! amp filament. Here are a few great pictures of this tube.

It only APPEARS to get that bright because when you turn the thing on it draws so much current all the house lights dim by at least half. Sheesh, that thing is simply huge. I also loved the shot of it next to an ECC82. Made that little tube literally tiny.

Oct 18, 2003 at 2:41 AM Post #8 of 13
Oct 19, 2003 at 1:44 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
Think I'll pick up one of those amp to heat up my apartment this winter. Would make a very nice heat stove.

That's a good excuse to tell the significant other when you want to drop 10% of yearly income on some of those babies
smily_headphones1.gif

--Chris

Oct 19, 2003 at 3:00 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
Think I'll pick up one of those amp to heat up my apartment this winter. Would make a very nice heat stove.

Good luck in the summer!
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #13 of 13
KR... had this up a little bit ago. It was in Seattle I think. It would have been pretty cool to hear. Anyone catch the quick glimpse of the C-J Premier 17 LS and the Premier 140? That setup is unreal. My local store has it hooked up to some Wilson Sofia's, it is amazing. Of course, it will set you back a nice car, without the source, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back